WANTED: UX/UI Design Intern @ BusyMachines
BusyMachines is organizing a paid design internship dedicated to motivated design students willing to buckle down and pursue a career in a fast-growing software company. This is a great chance to put your creative skills to work, gain experience, learn from skilled designers and make first steps towards building your own professional network.
- Bachelor students (2nd, 3rd or 4th year of study), who are actively pursuing a university degree with a focus in visual communication, product, experience and/or visual design or related fields;
- Basic knowledge of Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator), Adobe XD / Sketch
- Nice to have: knowledge of Balsamiq or other prototyping tools;
- Active interest in design & technology;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English;
- Application based on CV and portfolio;
- Availability for at least 6 hours/day.
- Experience (personal projects, contests, other internships) can be an advantage;
- Internship duration: July 1, 2019 – September 27, 2019;
- Open positions: 1
- Type of internship: paid + possibility to get a part-time job afterwards;
- Availability: 6 hours/day;
- Vacation possibility: 3 days off for the summer;
- Selection process: application (CV & portfolio), initial screening made by the BusyMachines team, personal interview with the BusyMachines designers (only candidates selected during the initial screening), final answer;
- Application deadline: June 3, 2019
Why join BusyMachines as an intern
Get paid while you learn & gain experience in web design.
Get a full-stack overview of the technologies & challenges involved in building a web app.
The chance to put your skills to work on an actual project;
Individual coaching for personal development.
Get the chance to start a career in a non-corporate environment.
Cozy office in the city center.
Informal working conditions & flexibility.
3 paid vacation days.
Cool parties, board game nights and other team outings.
Office treats: best coffee powered by Jura, fresh fruits and snacks.
What you'll learn
You’ll learn how to effectively take ideas from concept to prototype to working product.
You’ll learn from the best: The BusyMachines UX/UI designers are here to mentor you and show you what it’s like to be part of a product design team.
You’ll learn how to work with frontend developers, project managers, testers, product owners etc.
Design Internship Agenda
- Apply UX processes (user research, information architecture, wireframes and prototypes, usability testing) to make informed design decisions;
- Prototype your ideas using current prototyping software;
- Prototype, design and build solutions for web and mobile devices;
- Apply responsive design & mobile-first design concepts;
- Create UI design and interaction behaviour for software applications;
- Design for multiple platforms: desktop, web & mobile applications, including iOS & Android.
- Troubleshoot functional and layout issues;
- Take a user-centered design approach; test and iterate your designs;
- Develop a unified style guide that development teams can reference;
- Work with UX designers, frontend developers, mobile developers, project managers, content strategists to translate great ideas into UI designs and interactive prototypes;
- UX/UI testing;
- Page speed optimization best practices;