We’re Hiring: DevOps Engineer @ BusyMachines
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to work with our development teams in an Agile way, on our continuous integration and deployment systems. This is a highly technical role, requiring experience working in such an environment, with a very good understanding of Docker, Git, Linux and AWS, of building web/REST applications and their build tools.
We’re striving to continuously improve the way we enable the software development life cycle and we're looking for a like-minded candidate.apply for this job!
Who we’re looking for
- Work with the development team to assist in troubleshooting internal and external systems issues, from project design, development, test, deployment and operation;
- Provide ongoing maintenance for virtualized software, and third party services and applications;
- Respond to incidents, mitigate customer impact, identify root cause and resolve;
- Develop proactive tools and processes to eliminate repeat incidents;
- Perform root cause analysis to determine source of incidents and problems;
- Performs Linux system administration;
- Troubleshoot and solve technology problems in production and development environments. Provide support when emergencies arise;
- Use system monitoring tools to identify problems and recommend solutions;
- Document and propose solutions for system problems and work with Infrastructure and other Engineering teams to achieve resolution;
- Minimize system downtime;
- Design, implement and maintain a highly scalable web application infrastructure with Amazon Web Services;
- Design, implement and maintain a continuous integration environment;
- Deploy and maintain product releases;
- Work as an active participant in an Agile development environment; attend daily standups, sprint planning and retrospectives.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience);
- 2+ years relevant experience in Linux system engineering/administration;
- Experience managing a continuous integration platform like Jenkins, or hosted variants;
- Experience managing a build environment that incorporates Docker in the build process;
- Experience with Git;
- Experience with REST APIs;
- Experience managing a build, test and deployment environment for Java applications using Maven, Gradle, SBT;
- Experience supporting production web infrastructure in cloud environments (AWS, Rackspace, etc.);
- Strong understanding of basic applications and protocols: HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, SSH, DNS, SMTP;
- Understanding of automation using scripting languages, such as Bash or Python, or automation frameworks, such as Ansible;
- Experience with systems and IT operations;
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment;
- Working knowledge of internet protocols and complete understanding end to end of how the Internet works;
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills;
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle including continuous integration and agile development;
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical people;
- Proven analytical and technical troubleshooting skills. Ability and mindset to reverse engineer problems;
- Strong communication skills to interact with Agile team members.
Why work with us
Competitive salary & bonuses based on performance.
All-inclusive private health plan.
The best tools money can buy – very fast company laptop and at least one secondary screen.
Knowledge exchange & individual coaching for personal development.
The chance to grow a career in a non- corporate environment.
Cozy office in the city center.
Informal working conditions & flexibility.
Cool parties, teambuildings and other team outings.
Office treats: best coffee, fresh fruits and snacks.
*All office-related perks will be available once the health crisis ends
Who we are
We’re a Dutch software company building complete software products for high-tech startups and mature enterprises pushing their industries forward.
We have offices in Amsterdam and Timisoara, with flexible working hours and an open culture. We work with a minimal management approach and have a horizontal company structure.apply for this job!