WANTED: PHP Developer @ BusyMachines
We're looking for a skilled PHP Developer to join our team.
The right candidate writes code that he/she is proud of in a timely and scalable way and has a proven experience in web development.apply for this job!
Who we’re looking for
- University degree in Computer Science or related domains;
- Basic knowledge of data structures, algorithms, OOP, ORM and MVC;
- Basic understanding of SOLID principles;
- Basic understanding of CRUD operations;
- Fundamental programming skills: keeping code DRY, focused on readable and maintainable code;
- Proven experience of PHP & PHP frameworks, at least one of the following: Laravel / Lumen / Kohana / Symfony / Zend / Codeignter;
- Basic knowledge of technologies: SQL, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, message queues, job servers, template engines (Bootstrap), HTTP, REST etc;
- Basic knowledge of release management: continuous integration, TDD & QA (Unit Testing & Integration Testing);
- Basic Linux & Docker knowledge;
- Familiar with Agile development, source control (Git, SVN), issue/bug tracking;
- Would be a big plus: AWS experience.
- Desire to learn new technologies and hands-on approach to the new challenges;
- People who engage in software engineering as an inherently social activity that requires efficient communication, good cooperation and mutual aid;
- Self learners with a hands-on attitude, not shy in asking for help;
- People who take responsibility and ownership for work done;
- People who can explain and document the reasons and thinking behind one's actions;
- People who can offer and handle constructive criticism and reviews;
- People who can handle sardonic comments related to hacker culture, agile development and other buzzwords of the industry;
- People with a restless passion to learn new things and a natural talent at being versatile;
- People who are fluent in spoken and written English.
Why work with us
Competitive salary & bonuses based on performance.
All-inclusive private health plan.
The best tools money can buy – very fast company laptop and at least one secondary screen.
Knowledge exchange & individual coaching for personal development.
The chance to grow a career in a non- corporate environment.
Informal working conditions & home office flexibility.
Office treats, coffee & refreshments.
*All office-related perks will be available once the health crisis ends
Who we are
We’re a Dutch software company building complete software products for high-tech startups and mature enterprises pushing their industries forward.
We have offices in Amsterdam and Timisoara, with flexible working hours and an open culture. We work with a minimal management approach and have a horizontal company structure.apply for this job!