WANTED: Scala Backend Software Engineer @ BusyMachines
We’re looking for a Scala developer to join our team that has a good understanding and knowledge of SQL, HTTP & REST technologies.
The best candidate is familiar with agile development, source control (Git) and is aware of the necessity of bug tracking.apply for this job!
Who we’re looking for
- University degree in Computer Science or related
- Fundamental programming skills: keeping code DRY, focused on readable and maintainable code, basic knowledge of data structures, algorithms and object oriented decomposition of software, its limitations, and advantages
- Proven experience with and desire to continuously learn Scala (cats, cats-effect, monix, zio, circe, akka-http, akka-stream, doobie)
- Good knowledge of technologies (SQL, message queues, HTTP, REST, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of release management (CI/CD, TDD & QA)
- Basic knowledge of security problems faced on server side, willingness to carefully read RFCs, and OWASP wiki
- Familiar with agile development, source control (Git), aware of the necessity and efficient use of issue/bug tracking to organize one's workload
- Would be a big plus: NoSQL experience (ElasticSearch, Cassandra, MongoDB), experience with concurrent programming
- Engages in software engineering as an inherently social activity that requires efficient communication, cooperation & mutual aid
- Self learner with a hands-on attitude & not shy in asking for help
- Takes responsibility and ownership for work done
- Can explain, and document the reasons/thinking behind one's actions
- Can handle, and offer constructive criticism & peer reviews
- Good English (speaking & writing)
Why work with us
Competitive salary & bonuses based on performance.
All-inclusive private health plan.
The best tools money can buy – very fast company laptop and at least one secondary screen.
Knowledge exchange & individual coaching for personal development.
The chance to grow a career in a non-corporate environment.
Informal working conditions & home office flexibility.
Cool parties, team buildings and other team outings.
Office treats, coffee & refreshments.
Who we are
We’re a Dutch software company building complete software products for high-tech startups and mature enterprises pushing their industries forward.
We have offices in Amsterdam and Timisoara, with flexible working hours and an open culture. We work with a minimal management approach and have a horizontal company structure.apply for this job!