WHAT WE DO
IT Project Management Services
We steer, monitor and successfully deliver
software projects on our clients' behalf.
Our Project Managers bring more
predictability and clarity into your projects.
Whether you’re looking for a partner who is capable to provide an exquisite understanding of the bigger picture, a certified project manager who can bring more structure to your project or simply someone who can help remove the communication barriers between stakeholders, our expertise can greatly benefit your project.
Why engage BusyMachines in the development
& project management of your product?
We develop your project’s scope
During this initial phase, we define the expectations for the delivered product or service by working closely with you. We help and consult every step of the gathering requirements process, to make sure the end result is a feasible picture of the project.
We provide an efficient single point of contact
Our project managers are the central figure of a project, efficiently disseminating information and updates to the team, business leaders and stakeholders in a manner which decreases confusion and increases accuracy. The project manager leads the team to make the project happen.
We organize work
We plan, plan, plan. Planning is the first step in delivering predictable results. We take on your business case and turn it into a project plan that can be executed.
We manage the budget
Delivering on time and on budget is critical for a software development endeavour, where time to market is a critical success factor. Besides tracking spent budget, our project managers also monitor the amount of work being done. It’s the combination of money and tasks completed that gives you a complete view.
We deal with potential risks and opportunities
In our decades of experience, we have learned that, no matter how well it was planned and capacitated, a project is never free of risks. Our project managers anticipate risks and help you steer their mitigation. We believe in communicating the progress, risks, opportunities and being constantly in control of the projects. Knowledge is power, knowing risks is a step forward in finding a solution.
We keep stakeholders invested in the project
As a project progresses, we know how critical it is to keep stakeholders up-to-date about its status, risks and successes achieved along the way. Recurrent reporting and monitoring is a key ingredient we bring in order to preserve the confidence invested in the project.
We have experienced and certified Project Managers (Agile, PMP and Prince2)
We have gained a vast experience from managing multiple projects, but we also have the training and certifications to formally support that knowledge.
We celebrate your project's success together
Delivering the project’s objectives is not the end of a project manager’s role. At the end of the execution phase, we also make sure that we provide a clear and complete handover to the team who is going to be managing the project going forward.
Our two approaches to Project Management
Agile methods promote a disciplined project management process that encourages frequent inspection and adaptation, a leadership philosophy that encourages teamwork, self-organization and accountability, a set of engineering best practices intended to allow for rapid delivery of high-quality software and a business approach that aligns development with customer needs and company goals.
In our experience,
Agile / Scrum works best in the following situations:
- The project needs to adjust smoothly to rapidly-changing requirements;
- The project has an open deadline;
- The project is developed by one or multiple Scrum teams.
How can Agile / Scrum benefit a project?
- The organization will develop a product that meets evolving business goals;
- It significantly increases productivity and reduces time to benefits;
- Helps increase the quality of the deliverables;
- Helps the company cope better with change (and expect the changes);
- The team can provide better estimates while spending less time creating them;
- Customers find that the vendor is more responsive to development requests;
- High-value features are developed and delivered more quickly with short cycles;
- Product owners have the needed tools to make sure development work is aligned with customer need.
This approach is a combination of Agile methods with other non-Agile techniques. The most important trait of a “Hybrid Approach” would be that a detailed requirements gathering effort is needed at the beginning of the project, followed by sprints of incremental delivery, frequent iterative prototyping of a design, followed by a single plan-driven implementation. Each has their own strengths. Mixing these together in the right way can fit your context better than just narrowly using only one of them.
In our experience,
the Hybrid approach works best in the following situations:
- Client has a hard deadline and/or a fixed budget;
- Client has clear requirements defined from the start;
- Client has a lower risk profile, uses Plan-Driven approaches to look for lower costs;
- Client needs aggressive delivery, incremental techniques to deliver something sooner and ensure customer engagement.
How can a Hybrid approach benefits a project?
- It gives structure in the planning phase so one can make accurate estimations and planning;
- Developers and testers can use agile practices, but in a more planned manner.
"BusyMachines has hands-on project managers who saved our day on multiple occasions! Easy to talk to, pleasure to work with."LEX GROENEWEGEN