We’re Hiring: Senior Backend Developer @ BusyMachines
We’re looking for an experienced Backend Developer to join our team and develop scalable software products for tech-oriented & innovative companies.
The best candidates are tech-savvy, have a true curiosity for solving challenging problems and are able to work effectively with peer developers.apply for this job!
Who we’re looking for
- University degree in Computer Science or related domains;
- Basic knowledge of data structures, algorithms and Object Oriented decomposition of software, its limitations and advantages;
- Proven experience of Java & JVM;
- Programming skills: keeping code DRY, creating readable and maintainable code;
- Ability to make engineering decisions at code and infrastructure level;
- Good knowledge of technologies (SQL, message queues, template engines, HTTP, REST etc);
- Good knowledge of release management (Maven / Gradle, CI tools like Jenkins;
- Knowledge or willingness to learn AWS;
- Familiar with Agile development, source control (Git, SVN), aware of the necessity and efficient use of issue/bug tracking to organise one’s workload;
- Would be a big plus: noSQL experience (ElasticSearch, Cassandra, MongoDB), big data experience, experience with concurrent programming, familiarity with functional programming, experience with Scala.
- People who engage in software engineering as an inherently social activity that requires efficient communication, good cooperation and mutual aid;
- Self learners with a hands-on attitude, not shy in asking for help;
- People who take responsibility and ownership for work done;
- People who can explain and document the reasons and thinking behind one’s actions;
- People who can offer and handle constructive criticism and reviews;
- People who can handle sardonic comments related to hacker culture, Agile development and other buzzwords of the industry;
- People who are fluent in spoken and written English.
Why work with us
Competitive salary & bonuses based on performance.
All-inclusive private health plan.
The best tools money can buy – very fast company laptop and at least one secondary screen.
Knowledge exchange & individual coaching for personal development.
The chance to grow a career in a non- corporate environment.
Informal working conditions & home office flexibility.
Office treats, coffee & refreshments.
*All office-related perks will be available once the health crisis ends
Who we are
We’re a Dutch software company building complete software products for high-tech startups and mature enterprises pushing their industries forward.
We have offices in Amsterdam and Timisoara, with flexible working hours and an open culture. We work with a minimal management approach and have a horizontal company structure.apply for this job!