Users who do not wish to have cookies placed on their computers should disable cookies in their browsers. However, some features of the site may not function properly if cookies are removed or rejected.
What are cookies?
Cookies are a kind of short term memory for the web. They are stored in your browser and enable a site to ‘remember’ little bits of information between pages or visits, like your preferred language. They are widely used to make the web experience more personal and make the next visit to a website more useful for the user.
By using cookies, we can:
- Identify your device when you use the website, therefore making sure you are not considered a new visitor every time you browse another page of the website.
- Help make browsing as quick and responsive as possible.
- Learn how our users interact with our website. This way, we can count how many visitors come to our website, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they have visited.
- Improve user experience and website content, in order to make it more relevant to users
- Provide and display more relevant advertising for separate users.
Third Party Cookies
We may allow third party organisations to set cookies using this website in order to deliver services. A “third-party” cookie is served by a company that doesn’t operate the page or domain you are visiting. So for example, when you visit www.busymachines.com and Google serves a cookie on www.busymachines.com for BusyMachines’ analytics, that is a third-party cookie.
For example, the Google Analytics tool we use stores cookies to help us analyze how you use the site: what pages do you visit, how much time do you spend on the website, what pages are confusing to users etc. This helps us better understand which web pages users find most useful and which pages are inefficient and need tweaks.
Also, we may use tools that require cookies for advertising purposes, such as to create remarketing campaigns based upon your previous visits to the website to keep everyone up-to-date with the latest services. Cookies also help track the efficiency of advertising efforts.
How to reject and delete Cookies
For more info on managing your cookie settings from your browser, visit “Help”. “Tools” or “Edit” settings in your browser.